Presque Isle County
February 6, 2017
The regular meeting of the Board of Road Commissioners for Presque Isle County was held at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley, Rogers City, Michigan. Chairman Thomas Catalano called the meeting to order at 8:37 a.m.
Board Members Present: Thomas Catalano, Charles Rhode, Ronald Bischer.
Also Present: Supt. /Mgr Smigelski, Clerk Wirgau, Mechanic Elowsky.
A motion was approved to accept minutes from January 23, 2017 meeting.
Motion by Rhode (Bischer) to approve the February 6, 2017 accounts payable in the amount of 116,835.47.
Ayes: Rhode, Catalano, Bischer.
• The quarterly Straits Area Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, February 7, 2017 in Mackinaw City.
• Supt./Mgr updated the Board on the status of proposed rewrite of Act 51, Governor is not promoting a revision, not sure what the Legislature intends to do.
• PA 452 of 2016 pertaining to CDL employees was discussed.
• County Road Engineer Straley and Supt./Mgr Smigelski attended the Engineer’s Workshop last week.
• PA 298 of 2012 mandates new audit requirements for recipients of ACT 51 monies.
• Supt./Mgr and Foremen will be attending “Traffic Incident Management Responder Training” in Alpena later this month.
Supt./Mgr presented information on two motor graders eligible for buyback this summer. Further information will be obtained on warranty costs.
The next meeting dates will be Monday, February 20, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. and Monday, March 6, 2017 at 8:30 a.m.
A motion was made by Rhode (Bischer) to adjourn at 10:55 a.m.
The complete minutes of the meeting of the Board of Presque Isle County Road Commissioners are available for viewing and may be seen at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley Highway, Rogers City, Michigan 49779.