Presque Isle County
January 9, 2017
The regular meeting of the Board of Road Commissioners for Presque Isle County was held at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley, Rogers City, Michigan. Chairman Thomas Catalano called the meeting to order at 8:37 a.m.
Board Members Present: Thomas Catalano, Charles Rhode, Ronald Bischer
Also Present: Supt. /Mgr Smigelski, Clerk Wirgau
A motion was approved to accept minutes from December 29, 2016 meeting as presented.
Motion by Bischer (Catalano) to approve the January 9, 2017 accounts payable in the amount of $84,835.71
Ayes: Catalano, Rhode, Bischer.
• Supt./Mgr will be hosting a workshop for new township officials in February. The informational workshop was well received when done several years ago.
• Supt./Mgr attended the quarterly MTA meeting last week and met several newly elected township officials.
• Huron Pines wants to partner with Presque Isle Road Commission to do a culvert replacement at the road crossing of Oxbow Creek on Canada Creek Highway.
• We received reimbursement from CRASIF for the purchase of the new safety jackets for the crew. ($1,000.00 safety grant).
• Presque Isle Road Commission will be hosting for the Straits Area Council meetings for 2017. The next quarterly meeting is Tuesday, February 7, 2017.
• The newly implemented gas and diesel tax increase was discussed. It is the first increase in gas tax in 20 years and diesel tax in 33 years.
A motion was approved to authorize expenses for Clerk Wirgau to attend the quarterly HR/Finance meeting in Pinconning on Tuesday, January 31, 2017.
Disclosure resolutions were made to acknowledge Thomas Catalano as owner of Catalano Forest Products/Forest Management Systems and Ronald Bischer as a State of Michigan licensed surveyor.
A motion was approved to authorize expenses for Supt./Mgr and County Road Engineer to attend the County Road Engineer’s Workshop in Sault Ste Marie January 31, 2017 to February 2, 2017.
A motion was approved to allow expenses for Supt./Mgr, Commissioners and Clerk to attend the annual County Road Association Conference in Lansing, March 14, 2017 to March 16, 2017.
The next meeting dates will be Monday, January 23, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. and Monday, February 6, 2016 at 8:30 a.m.
A motion was made by Rhode (Bischer) to adjourn at 10:08 a.m.
The complete minutes of the meeting of the Board of Presque Isle County Road Commissioners are available for viewing and may be seen at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley Highway, Rogers City, Michigan 49779.