Presque Isle County Road Commission
Condensed Minutes September 6, 2016
The regular meeting of the Board of Road Commissioners for Presque Isle County was held at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley, Rogers City, Michigan. Chairman Charles Rhode called the meeting to order at 8:30 a.m.
Board Members Present: Charles Rhode, Ronald Bischer, Thomas Catalano
Also Present: Supt./Mgr Smigelski, Clerk Wirgau, Mechanic Elowsky, Foremen Roznowski and Foreman Zdybel
A motion was approved to accept minutes from August 15, 2016 meetings as presented.
Motion by Catalano (Bischer) to approve the September 6, 2016 accounts payable in the amount of $204,664.91
Ayes: Catalano, Bischer, Rhode.
• The culvert on Grand Lake Highway has been installed and the road reopened.
• MDOT will be conducting traffic counts on several County and State roads this fall.
• Work has been started on County Road 451 between Molski and 634 Highway and between West Mill and 638 Highway.
• Supt./Mgr will be attending a Rural Task Force training in Gaylord in October.
• Crew will return to the winter schedule of regular 8 hour days Monday, September 12, 2016.
• A discussion was held regarding the cause of wash boarding on roads.
A Presque Isle County Road Commission retiree appeared before the Board with questions regarding supplemental insurance reimbursement and the pension plan. Additionally, a Metz Township intersection and clear vision distances were discussed.
A motion was approved to advertise for bids for a 2017 tandem axle truck.
Resolution 2016-4 was adopted extending the MDOT Maintenance Contract for one year.
A motion was approved authorizing expenses for influenza vaccinations for interested employees.
The next meetings dates are September 19, 2016 at 8:30 a.m. and October 3, 2016 at 8:30 a.m.
There being no further business it was moved by Catalano (Bischer) to adjourn the meeting at 10:35 a.m.
The complete minutes of the meeting of the Board of Presque Isle County Road Commissioners are available for viewing and may be seen at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley Highway, Rogers City, Michigan 49779.