Presque Isle County
August 1, 2016
The regular meeting of the Board of Road Commissioners for Presque Isle County was held at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley, Rogers City, Michigan. Chairman Charles Rhode called the meeting to order at 8:30 a.m.
Board Members Present: Charles Rhode, Ronald Bischer, Thomas Catalano.
Also Present: Supt./Mgr Smigelski, Clerk Wirgau.
A motion was approved to accept minutes from July 18, 2016 meetings as presented.
Motion by Catalano (Bischer) to approve the August 1, 2016 accounts payable in the amount of $94,501.90.
Ayes: Rhode, Catalano, Bischer.
• The Straits Area Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, August 2, 2016.
• The Ocqueoc Township gravel project has been completed.
• Supt./Mgr attended a County Road Association sponsored meeting regarding the use of Forest Road funds and found it to be very informative.
• The Annual MCRCSIP Business Meeting was attended by the Supt./Mgr last week.
• MDOT has two private contractors working on improvement to two intersections, 646 Highway and Clay Banks Road.
9:00 am – Bid Opening- Lakeside/Karol/Hill Street Asphalt
A motion was approved to accept all bids and award the paving project to low bidder Bolen Asphalt Paving.
The construction of the handicap ramp is near completion at the Rogers City office location.
A motion was approved to cast a vote for three candidates for the CRASIF Board of Trustees.
A motion was approved authorizing expenses for the Supt./Mgr and Foremen to attend the 42nd Annual Superintendent’s Seminar, October 5-7, 2016.
A motion was approved to adopt and approve documents necessary for employee contribution into the MERS Health Savings Account for use upon retirement.
The next meetings dates are August 15, 2016 at 8:30 a.m. and September 6, 2016 at 8:30 a.m.
There being no further business it was moved by Catalano (Bischer) to adjourn the meeting at 9:41 a.m.
The complete minutes of the meeting of the Board of Presque Isle County Road Commissioners are available for viewing and may be seen at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley Highway, Rogers City, Michigan 49779.