Presque Isle County Road Commission
July 5, 2016
The regular meeting of the Board of Road Commissioners for Presque Isle County was held at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley, Rogers City, Michigan. Chairman Charles Rhode called the meeting to order at 8:30 a.m.
Board Members Present: Charles Rhode, Ronald Bischer, Thomas Catalano.
Also Present: Supt./Mgr Smigelski, Clerk Wirgau.
A motion was approved to accept minutes from June 20, 2016 meetings as presented.
Motion by Bischer (Catalano) to approve the July 5, 2016 accounts payable in the amount of $167,029.85
Ayes: Rhode, Bischer, Catalano
• Supt./Mgr attended the Presque Isle County Board of Commissioners meeting with a DEQ representative last week to request information from the County for a grant application.
• The MTA meeting is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. on July 5, 2016 at the Case Township Hall.
• A discussion was held regarding political signs in the right of way and on Road Commission property.
• Recently passed legislation (HB 5701) which allows Road Commissions to purchase directly from MDOT is awaiting the Governor’s signature.
• Crews are continuing to brine, mow and work on ditching projects throughout the county.
A draft purchasing policy was reviewed.
A motion was approved to authorize expenses for the Commissioners, Supt./Mgr and Clerk to attend the 4th Annual Northern/Southern Conference September 14-16, 2016.
A motion was approved to allow expenses for the Clerk and Payroll Clerk to attend the Northern Finance & Human Resource quarterly meeting on July 26, 2016.
A motion was approved to advertise for asphalt paving bids for a Krakow Township project.
Supt./Mgr and Clerk reviewed the 2nd Quarter Financial Reports and the status of the 2016 budget.
A motion was approved to amend the 2016 Budget as presented.
The next meetings dates are July 18, 2016 at 8:30 a.m. and August 1, 2016 at 8:30 a.m.
There being no further business it was moved by Bischer (Catalano) to adjourn the meeting at 10:09 a.m.
The complete minutes of the meeting of the Board of Presque Isle County Road Commissioners are available for viewing and may be seen at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley Highway, Rogers City, Michigan 49779.