Presque Isle County
June 6, 2016
The regular meeting of the Board of Road Commissioners for Presque Isle County was held at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley, Rogers City, Michigan. Chairman Charles Rhode called the meeting to order at 8:30 a.m.
Board Members Present: Charles Rhode, Ronald Bischer, Thomas Catalano
Also Present: Supt./Mgr Smigelski, Clerk Wirgau
A motion was approved to accept minutes from May 16, 2016 meetings as presented.
Motion by Bischer (Catalano) to approve the June 6, 2016 accounts payable in the amount of $96,894.42
Ayes: Bischer, Rhode, Catalano.
• Several MDOT TWA projects are being scheduled for this summer including culvert replacement, ditching and stumping of right of way.
• The brining of gravel roads began the week prior to Memorial Day.
• The 489 Bridge over the Rainy River is complete.
• Crews have been replacing failed culverts throughout the county and there are several more to be replaced.
• Bid openings for County Road 451 (638 Hwy to West Mill Highway and Molski Road to West 634 Highway) were conducted and the project will be awarded within the next several weeks.
• Supt./Mgr is attending a CRASIF Board Meeting this afternoon.
• New legislation approving the use of green lights on equipment was discussed.
A right of way project in Case Township and a Krakow Township citizen request were discussed.
The 2015 Financial Audit, MDOT Act 51 Report and 2015 Final Budget were reviewed. Motions were approved to accept the reports and authorize Chairman to sign documents as necessary.
Resolution 2016-3 was adopted entering MDOT contract #16-5278 for the resurfacing of sections of County Road 451.
A motion was approved to cast a ballot vote for a MCRCSIP Director position.
The next meetings dates are June 20, 2016 at 8:30 a.m. and July 5, 2016 at 8:30 a.m.
There being no further business it was moved by Bischer (Catalano) to adjourn the meeting at 10:08 a.m.
The complete minutes of the meeting of the Board of Presque Isle County Road Commissioners are available for viewing and may be seen at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley Highway, Rogers City, Michigan 49779.