Presque Isle County
May 16, 2016
The regular meeting of the Board of Road Commissioners for Presque Isle County was held at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley, Rogers City, Michigan. Chairman Charles Rhode called the meeting to order at 8:30 a.m.
Board Members Present: Charles Rhode, Ronald Bischer, Thomas Catalano
Also Present: Supt./Mgr Smigelski, Clerk Wirgau, Rogers City Foreman Roznowski
A motion was approved to accept minutes from May 2, 2016 meetings as presented.
Motion by Bischer (Catalano) to approve the May 16, 2016 accounts payable in the amount of $204,307.25
Ayes: Bischer, Rhode, Catalano
• Supt./Mgr has been in contact with the County Building & Zoning Official regarding construction of an ADA compliant ramp at the office.
• Quotes have been received for replacement of the culvert on North Grand Lake Highway. Discussion was held regarding other culverts in need of replacement and funding for the culverts.
• The 489 Bridge over the Rainey River is scheduled to be closed two days at the end of the week to apply the epoxy overlay. Notice was sent to the media.
• A request has been received from a Grand Lake resort to install a pedestrian crossing on Grand Lake Road.
• An invitation to attend a MDOT public hearing regarding the 5-year plan for State Highways with the TSC was received. The hearing will be Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 2:00 pm in Alpena.
• An update on CRASIF was given by the Supt./Mgr including the status of the conversion to a mutual fund and a request for Board candidates.
The Allis Township Supervisor appeared before the Board to discuss road matters with Allis Township. Various roads and maintenance were discussed.
A Krakow Township property owner request for an additional cross culvert was discussed.
A motion was approved requesting MDOT reimbursement for engineering services.
A motion was approved authorizing expenses for Supt./Mgr to attend the Annual MCRCSIP meeting in Mt. Pleasant July 27-28, 2016 and to appoint Gerald Smigelski as Voting Delegate.
The next meetings dates are June 6, 2016 at 8:30 a.m. and June 20, 2016 at 8:30 a.m.
There being no further business it was moved by Bischer (Catalano) to adjourn the meeting at 9:55 a.m.
The complete minutes of the meeting of the Board of Presque Isle County Road Commissioners are available for viewing and may be seen at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley Highway, Rogers City, Michigan 49779.