Presque Isle County
May 2, 2016
The regular meeting of the Board of Road Commissioners for Presque Isle County was held at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley, Rogers City, Michigan. Chairman Charles Rhode called the meeting to order at 8:30 a.m.
Board Members Present: Charles Rhode, Ronald Bischer, Thomas Catalano
Also Present: Supt./Mgr Smigelski, Clerk Wirgau, County Road Engineer Straley, Posen Foreman Zdybel
A motion was approved to accept minutes from April 18, 2016 meetings as presented.
Motion by Catalano (Bischer) to approve the May 2, 2016 accounts payable in the amount of $57,617.46.
Ayes: Rhode, Bischer, Catalano.
County Road Engineer Report:
Information was presented to the Board regarding elements of engineering costs and a grant application was discussed.
A Krakow Township property owner appeared before the Board to request installation of an additional cross culvert.
The Allis Township Supervisor presented road maintenance requests to the Board.
• Crews have started the summer schedule of 4 ten hour days per week.
• ADA compliant ramp construction at the office will begin soon.
• A denied request for road extension in Belknap Township was discussed.
• A MIOSHA walk through was conducted on April 26, 2016.
• The Straits Area Council meeting is scheduled for tomorrow, May 3, 2016 in Mackinaw City at 9:30 a.m.
• The Presque Isle Road Commission Abandonment Policy and procedure was given to a property owner in Allis Township after an inquiry was received.
• Approval has been received from TAMC to conduct the local paved road PASER ratings this summer with NEMCOG.
• Supt./Mgr updated the Board regarding a private drive in Krakow Township.
Commissioner Bischer reported on the Commissioner’s Conference attended in Sault Ste Marie April 17-20, 2016. Topics included the Open Meetings Act and legislative happenings.
The next meetings dates are May 16, 2016 at 8:30 a.m. and June 6, 2016 at 8:30 a.m.
There being no further business it was moved by Bischer (Catalano) to adjourn the meeting at 11:55 a.m.
The complete minutes of the meeting of the Board of Presque Isle County Road Commissioners are available for viewing and may be seen at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley Highway, Rogers City, Michigan 49779.