Presque Isle County
February 15, 2016
The regular meeting of the Board of Road Commissioners for Presque Isle County was held at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley, Rogers City, Michigan. Chairman Charles Rhode called the meeting to order at 8:30 a.m.
Board Members Present: Charles Rhode, Thomas Catalano, Ronald Bischer
Also Present: Supt./Mgr Smigelski, Clerk Wirgau, Foreman Roznowski, Foreman McAtee, Foreman Zdybel
A motion was approved to accept minutes from February 1, 2016 meetings as presented. Ayes: All
Motion by Bischer (Catalano) to approve the February 15, 2016 accounts payable in the amount of $75,855.89
Ayes: Rhode, Bischer, Catalano.
• Supt./Mgr and Vice Chairman Bischer reported on the Allis Township Board meeting attended on February 3, 2016.
• Snowfall year to date is: 71.5”
• A MIOSHA (Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration) representative contacted Supt./Mgr to offer their consulting service. They will conduct an on-site visit, give recommendations and allow time to correct any problems found without penalties.
• Culvert replacements on Grand Lake Highway and Bolton Road were discussed.
• Supt./Mgr will be presenting information to the Kiwanis Club on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 on the topic of snow removal.
A motion was approved to purchase three (3) pickups from A-P Super Service.
A motion was approved to advertise for fit out equipment for the Western Star truck being purchased in 2016.
A motion was approved enter an agreement with Ocqueoc Township for the purchase of gravel.
The next meetings dates are March 7, 2016 at 8:30 a.m. and March 15, 2016 at 8:30 a.m.
There being no further business it was moved by Catalano (Bischer) to adjourn the meeting at 10:20 a.m.
The complete minutes of the meeting of the Board of Presque Isle County Road Commissioners are available for viewing and may be seen at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley Highway, Rogers City, Michigan 49779.